I need Help System.nullReferenceException

Installation issues, Q&A
alshareedah

I need Help System.nullReferenceException

Postby alshareedah » Wed May 27, 2009 11:52 am

Hi All

Please I need Help When i upload Binary to the my share host i get that error in the first time when i access the web site
---------------------------
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

The source of the exception: SenseNet.Portal

Output of the Exception.ToString():
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at SenseNet.Portal.Virtualization.RepositoryPathProvider.FileExists(String virtualPath) in E:\Development\SenseNet60Beta3Source\Source\SenseNet\Portal\Virtualization\RepositoryPathProvider.cs:line 70
at System.Web.UI.Util.CheckVirtualFileExists(VirtualPath virtualPath)
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile)
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile)
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVirtualPathObjectFactory(VirtualPath virtualPath, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert)
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstanceFromVirtualPath(VirtualPath virtualPath, Type requiredBaseType, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert)
at System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandlerHelper(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.MaterializeHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

im new in asp.net
thanks and regard

Gergely Orosz
Sense/Net Community Contributor
Sense/Net Community Contributor

Re: I need Help System.nullReferenceException

Postby Gergely Orosz » Wed May 27, 2009 3:00 pm

Hello,

We do not have experience yet with shared host installation. Therefore I'm not sure if the error message is because of some setting in the hosting environment or a product issue. Which shared host provider are you using? We'll be trying to reproduce the error and solve it.
Gergely Orosz, Sense/Net Community Manager

georgemacin

Re: I need Help System.nullReferenceException

Postby georgemacin » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:56 am

NullReferenceException indicates that you are trying to access member fields, or function types, on an object reference that points to null. That means the reference to an Object which is not initialized. More about.....NullReferenceException

Macin

Return to “Installation”